Author Topic: TC Esox Box™ Saga  (Read 11546 times)

Offline B0mbardo

• Want your own signature for FREE? Message me!
  • Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
TC Esox Box™ Saga
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »
Team Cordwood is in the midst of looking for a building for our workshop, Once the location is nailed down we can begin work on our project.
  I will post our progress periodically here if anyone is interested as we may give away one of the boxes to a forum member.....so stay tuned!

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
Re: TC Esox Box™ Saga
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »
Ok, So the workshop is coming together nicely. We are almost ready to begin production! All the Shoulder strap parts have arrived so now all we need to do is get with a local person to do a little sewing and we can cross that off the list. Here are some of the current pics I have of the shops layout!

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:18:03 PM »
Some images of the first pieces going into the jig for bonding!

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
So here are a few pictures I took of the jigging table at the TC Woodshed.

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
Well the 1st attempt at a box is complete!! This is officially the first prototype and I will begin stress testing and and jigging out accessories based off this one. Not too bad I have found a few things out in this process. This is some stout material and is going to be an incredibly sturdy box. The material we are using is abrasion resistant, which means it takes a little extra work on our part to assemble it. Sanding is key, we are using what is called the capillary method which means it does not fill any gaps so it has to be pretty precise!
   Another issue which I have not truly tackled yet is polishing. Standard practice is heat polishing with Map Gas Torches; however with our material it has to be by hand because of the coating. I chose the abrasion resistance over the ease of finishing. As for most of the other things I have learned/realized/encountered, it boils down to me having my head located firmly up my.......orifice! Sanding the wrong side of a piece, not sanding a piece, pulling a piece off the jig too quickly and the list goes on...lol. Fortunately this has been with scrap, otherwise these would have been very costly mistakes.
   All in all I am very pleased with the 1st venture and can see the huge potential for quite an incredible box! Once the testing is complete (sometime this week) I think the quality of this product will be unsurpassed. Fortunately we have over 50 yrs. of combined Musky fishing experience and we know what we like and what we are NOT getting with the current boxes on the market. Stay tuned as I begin some of the accessory phase of the build!

Here is the 1st look and a future Esox Box™!

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 07:33:42 AM »
I received some validation yesterday! The team showed up at the woodshed for really the first time all at once. Popo, Oakie and Coach all seemed impressed with not only the shop set up but the progress thus far. The 2 prototype boxes got a good work over...a lot of tugging and pulling and up close inspection. I had a little help yesterday to from my landlord actually who suggested a different approach as to how to prep pieces for welding and it worked like a charm! so even better edges and joints!!
  I have been, over the past week or so, spending time cutting out parts and pieces for the accessories to the box. Several handle strap bases have been cut and assembled and sent for sewing, a half a dozen or so components for the pliers cup are cut out and a bunch of assembly jigs and guides are ready. We are hopefully securing more material this week and that should allow for an actual box to get assembled as one needs to go with Coach to Wisconsin soon! Stay Tuned   ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:38:43 AM by B0mbardo »

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »
Continuing the process. I am reworking jig setups and added a finishing counter for ease of operations. Experimenting with straight Acrylic a bit and it's challenging, this stuff scratches very easy and is more flexible while jigging. It does however weld without much prep as long as the joints are clean. The Acrylic box is possibly going to be an economy line we sell which will cost less but still be a great box! Here are a couple of pics!

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »
Ok, so we got the setup, we got some materials, we even have a couple of box prototypes built. Now is the time for refining the process. This weekend my math wizard buddy is coming down to help figure out some things. We will be assembling hopefully, the divider system. The goal of our divider system is to be easily removable but stable and sturdy, so its a challenge!
  As always watch this topic for updates   8)

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »
Ok,
so it's been a bit since I posted. I have been working feverishly on upgrading the shop layout, reworking jigs, etc. etc. Myself and Coach have come up an end jig that should speed up the welding process. As of today the goal is to get material on Wednesday, enough to do 6 boxes! and have all 6 finished by 7/26/2013. Those six will be taken to Hayward Wi. Coaches job kicks in and he needs to sell em!

On a side note we have been commissioned to build a display tank that houses custom lures. The tank will have it's own pump that moves water to make the baits swim....pretty exciting and a whole new possibility for Team Cordwood Clear Innovations!!

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »
Ok, so we have been slaving away assembling boxes. I must say not without issue, but We endeavor to persevere! I leave on the 15th of Aug to take what I have assembled to Coach in Wisconsin. I hope to have 10 completed. Team Cordwood has also begun the planning stage for a couple of other projects that are a bit intriguing! One is a swimbait box that our friends at Fish30Acre are interested in, could be pretty cool. The other is also for Fish30Acre, and that project code named The "Water Bullet" is going to be a display case that allow them to show their baits in action, I will make a separate post on that as the project progresses in the next several weeks. All in all I am happy with the progress and each little hurdle refines the process.

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 08:38:51 AM »
Limitless Designs here in Aledo has upped our value with Laser Etch Logo and Model number on the Esox Box™!!!

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 08:07:55 PM »
Well, were still here. I have just spent an ungodly amount of time updating the Facebook page for Team Cordwood! It's like a full time job. Visit our page and give us a like at /TeamCordwoodEsoxBox.

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 10:52:28 AM »
Ok, So there hasn't been much action on this forum except for a flurry of people from the ukraine and germany trying to sign up and spam everybody! >:( But I have put security in place to help stop that.
  Anywho! a lot has been happening with the Esox Box™! We visited the Chicago Muskie show recently just as spectators mind you. It proved to be fruitful! Not only did I get to meet Jim Saric and shake his hand we got to see the amazing and creative people that build, design, and blaze the trail in the Muskie industry.
  There are some very talented people out there. Got to see our forum buddy Migizi Rods and man let me tell you the pictures do those rods no justice! The facebook page we have which is linked at the bottom of your browser here is moving right along and we are making strides to add items to our repertoire.
  Our Online store is up and running and we got our 1st order (online order) yesterday! So pumped. We are looking at putting our items in some retail areas and hope to have some great results. While I know there is not much traffic here I hope that one day it will take off so in lieu of that I am going to keep posting! Tight Lines!!

Offline B0mbardo

• Administrator
  • Lunker
  • Well, That's not Good!
    • TEAM CORDWOOD
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 12:10:34 PM »
Well, it's been awhile since I really posted in this forum but things they are a changin! We are smack dab in the middle of construction of what should be the permanent home of the Team Cordwood workshop. Until we make it big I guess?